Round Table Discussion_Sustainability in Design
2020 Clean Up Australia Day
2019 TOUR DE PIF
IN-HOUSE CPD TRAINING
To facilitate a culture of continual learning and allow our Registered Architects to earn CPD points we organise in-house training talks. We also encourage knowledge sharing and hold ‘lessons learned’ sessions each month.
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL PROGRAM
We value our team members recommendations on talented people they wish to work with.
We offer annual flu vaccinations for any team member that requests one.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (AccessEAP)
We offer our team members and their immediate family access to professional counselling services and support when they need it
We believe birthdays are important, so team members can take the day off on us!
We organise various social events throughout the year.
‘THANK YOU’ DRINKS
Each Friday we down tools at 5 pm and get together for some drinks and nibbles in our Living Room.
On Fridays our team members take it in turns to bring in their ‘furry friend’.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE18 OCTOBER 2010
“I enjoy working with the highly motivated, talented and generous people of all ages and experience in our office. The work is always challenging and I learn something if not every day, at least every week!”
NHI LE KWOK
PROJECT DESIGNER10 AUGUST 2009
“After 10 years, I still enjoy working at Turner. Turner is my family. The people are great, the workplace is fun and the work allows me the opportunity for a work life balance.”
ASSOCIATE27 MARCH 2017
“Turner has a collaborative studio culture that provides a space to explore and develop my creative thinking. It’s a great workplace that recognise talent and support my professional career growth.”
INTERIORS PROJECT DESIGNER25 SEPTEMBER 2017
“One of the great things about working at Turner as an interior designer is the variety of projects that I get to work on – from multiresidential developments and display suites, to hotels and aged care facilities. The people I work with are one of the best things about my job as they help to make my days fun and enjoyable.”
DESIGNER11 MAY 2016
“I love the atmosphere – from day one I have felt welcomed and supported in every way. The amount of experience and knowledge at Turner is astounding and everyone at every level is really supportive, helpful and approachable which makes for a great work environment.”
Our Interior Architecture team is looking for an Associate with a solid background in delivering large projects with a focus on multi and single dwelling residential, hotels, hospitality, mixed use and seniors living. Our ideal candidate would be strong in documentation and communication, an eye for interior detailing and enjoy working with the client and project team during all stages of a project; especially during construction.
You will be a mentor to a tight-knit team of young interior designers who are always looking to improve their skills. You will work closely alongside the Head of Interiors and an integrated office of designers, architects and environmental graphic artists in the delivery of world class projects through exceptional design practices and standards. Communication and passion for design are key.
Your work day may include;
- Work closely with the Head of Interiors to lead a team of designers and ensure that all project design intent is carried through to completion throughout the office.
- Work closely with the architecture team to ensure that all documentation deliverables and programs are met.
- Communicate, collaborate and share your knowledge of interior documentation and detailing with the entire business to ensure consistent approach and understanding of standards both vertically and horizontally.
- Implement best design practices with reference to NCC requirements and Australian Standards, safety in design workplace legislation and TURNER’s design and quality guidelines.
- Implement and develop ESD principles in line with TURNER’s commitment to sustainability.
- Actively behave and promote a culture of professionalism and good work ethics when dealing with internal and external customers
We are looking for a key staff member to grow with us, who is interested in a long term position within the firm.
The ideal candidate for the role will be have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Degree qualifications in Architecture or Interior Architecture
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in Architecture professional practice
- Advanced documentation skills in ArchiCAD and Mac based programs is preferred
- Proven postgraduate experience in design and construction of built form projects across the project life cycle
- Demonstrated experience in design management, construction management, cost planning, due to diligence and risk assessment
- Extensive experience leading design teams from concept through to construction documentation
- Environmentally Sustainable Design, Innovation and Technology credentials including and understanding of the NCC and Australian Standards is desirable
- Demonstrated ability in managing numerous projects at any point in time with a wide range of value/complexity
- Strong communication skills and experience working on large project teams
- Foster great client relationships and play a part in work winning initiatives
- Compelling leadership style with the ability to inspire, motivate, encourage and influence others through a socially impactful style
Salary: $110,000 to $120,000 (inclusive of superannuation) – dependent on experience
If you meet the above selection criteria, please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio in PDF format (no more than 5 MB, no web links please) to the People & Performance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE – WE GOT THIS!**